Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Does Your Favorite Color Say About You?

A couple years ago I got to know people by asking their favorite color. It’s an icebreaker, and it’s a way to know somebody, slightly. I believe in auras and favorite colors can apply to that, although not always. My favorite color is pink. That speaks to my more girly, fashion-oriented and materialistic side. My romantic side. My roommate’s favorite color is orange, which makes sense to me because he likes to be loud and outgoing and sometimes it’s kind of annoying but usually it’s a positive thing. Most of my pot-smoking friends say “green” for obvious reasons. Blue is calm, but deep. It reminds me oceans and my ocean-eyed boyfriends. My friends that say their color is blue are generally easy going and have interesting views on life, whether negative or positive. Yellow, depending on the shade, applies to my bright, optimistic friends. Red is a more passionate version of orange. My brother’s favorite color is red. He likes to be strong and macho but also has his sweet moments, when his buds aren’t around. He’s grown up now, but I still remember when his favorite color was “bubblegum.”
Your favorite color doesn’t really need to say anything about you. It doesn’t have to be analysis of the deeper parts of your personality, and this idea is mostly based on stereotypes and my experiences with my friends and their favorite colors. Or their lack there-of. Some of my friends didn’t have a favorite color and tended to be worse at decision making, creating plans and following them, but they were content with that. Friends who said they liked all of them were kind of the same way but more optimistic and a little more ADD.
But, really, what do I know?

No comments: